The Habilitation Coach provides general supervision of clients and uses ARC techniques to maintain a positive environment. The Habilitation Coach works with the Clinical Assistant to implement the behavior management plans that have been created for each client.
Education, Licensure, Abilities and Attitudes prior to accepting the position
· High school diploma or GED/TASC
· Possess valid driver’s license, WV class D, or its equivalent and maintain an excellent driving record. If driving personal vehicle for work, notify your insurance carrier and maintain minimum liability auto insurance as required by WV state law.
· Nonjudgmental, supportive, and respectful
· Reflective of unconditional positive regard for the client
· Understanding and accepting of women of various cultural groups, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities
· Aware of attitudes about race, sex, disability, and other protected characteristics
· Cognizant of one’s own biases and assumptions
· Prefer experience with behavioral modification.
· Prefer experience utilizing techniques to enhance independent living skills development.
A. Foster overall wellbeing within residential program utilizing the ARC framework/building blocks with both clients and staff.
B. Use behavior management plans as a guideline to implement positive interventions with clients.
C. Document behavior management services provided to meet licensing and Medicaid guidelines.
D. Provide general supervision on the floor with clients daily.
E. Maintain schedules/routines/rituals of the clients in their day to day living so that all requirements are being met based on their treatment plan/behavior plan.
F. Help teach basic living skills through role modeling/coaching
G. Promote a clean living environment through role modeling/coaching.
H. Promote positive parenting skills through role modeling/coaching.
I. Accompany clients are various activities as well as voucher shopping, WIC shopping etc.
J. Miscellaneous duties, which may include, but are not limited to:
· Attend staff trainings.
· Provide childcare for infants and toddlers as needed.
· Reporting immediately all suspicions of child/adolescent abuse and neglect.
· Other duties as assigned
All candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Send resumes with references to;
Crittenton Services, Inc.
Attn; Vice President of Human Resources
2606 National Road
Wheeling, WV 26003
or email a resume to: email@example.com